Summary of 2017

joulukuuta 30, 2017



The year 2017 has been amazing for me, but to the world it has not been that good. America got an annoying orange thing as their president, there were multiple shootings, tornados, bombings, hurricanes and so many more other awful things that have changed people's lives forever. Let's hope 2018 will be better for our beautiful earth and it's inhabitants.
But before I start depress you guys with my writings, I would like to tell you about my 2017. There are numbers, there are places and there memories embedded inside this post. Sometimes it might get confusing and sometimes pretty boring, but I wish you enjoy it neverthless. So many things happened and there's I no way I could remember all of them, but these are the main ones. I also wrote something quite similar last year and you can find it here. Be aware though, it is written completely in finnish. I might translate it later, we'll see.

In 2017 I..

Travelled by plane 11 times
Travelled in total of about 22,328 kilometres
Got to see 3 new countries which are Germany, South Korea and China
Went to 7 new cities
Lived in 2 different countries, 3 if you count Finland
Learned the basics of 2 languages (which both I'm still learning more about)
Dyed my hair at least 5 times and 3 different colors
Almost failed 3 of my courses
Wrote 59 new blog posts, this one included
Got 1 new piercing
Used 5 different tootbrushes
Worked as a waitress in a German hotel for 3 months
Sang in karaoke 10 times
Met so many new people who became friends and who I wish stay as my friends for a long time
Read 3 books (which is really little but I've been busy)
Slept in 7 beds (not in a way you might think, in a normal way. As in I slept in 7 different rooms this year)

Bought 8 new plants
Watched way too much Netflix (I tried to check from my viewing activity how much it exactly was but I got bored halfway through)

Highlights of 2017


Germany
My summer internship in Berlin, Germany was one of the best summers ever (you can read about it here in finnish). It was filled with laugh, new places, achy feet and so many experiences. I became closer with one of my friends as I had to share a room with her the whole summer, I got to speak lots of English and a little bit of German and Spanish and I got meetso many amazing (and also not so amazing) people. I learned that working as a waitress is definitely not for me. And after my time in Korea I was happy that I got to see Berlin again.

South Korea
I spent 4 months in a different side of the world, studying a major that was not even mine and I loved it. My time there was filled with wonder and so many great people and memories. I will never forget my time there and I wish everyday that I could return to Korea once again. I learned to be more flexible and how to adjust to a competely new culture and what it feels like to be the only foreigner in a subway full of Koreans. There were sad moments, happy moments, normal moments and sometimes even magical moments. There were moments where I realized I was actually able to do this, to go to a different side of the world all by myself. If you want to read about my adventures in Korea, you can find them all here.

If you compare this to my last year's list it obviously isn't as long. But that's because in 2016 lots of different, smaller things happened and in 2017 few big things happened. And also I can't really remember what happened before going to Berlin as memories of Berlin and Seoul have completely taken over my head.

Saatat myös tykätä

0 Kommenttia

Popular Posts